Temecula Car Accident Lawyer
- Over 550 combined Google 5-Star Reviews
- Tens of millions won every year for our clients
- We won’t settle for less than the maximum value for your case
- 30 combined years of legal experience
Trusted And Recommended
HHJ Trial Attorneys proudly serve victims who have suffered from serious injuries. HHJ is one of San Diego’s premiere personal injury law firms. We’ve obtained over ten million dollars for our clients within the last 4 years alone and have been voted the Best Litigation Firm for the last 3 years through the San Diego Union Tribune. All three partners have been voted as Super Lawyers and have received coverage from local and national news outlets.
Free Case Evaluation
A car accident can be a terrifying situation for any. Have you or a loved one been involved in a car accident in Temecula or surrounding areas? Are you dealing with injuries, repairs, and expenses way outside your budget?
Working with a car accident lawyer can help you start the claims process and possibly obtain compensation. Don’t pay for someone else’s negligence out of your own pocket, instead, work with an experienced car accident lawyer in Temecula!
The California Highway Patrol has shared data regarding car accidents in Temecula, California. This data reveals that speeding is the primary reason for car collisions in the area. Drivers exceeding the legal speed limit are the top contributors to these crashes. Other significant causes in Temecula are DUI and impeding traffic.
Table of Contents
Car accidents happen everyday. The attorneys at our Temecula personal injury law firm want you to have a comprehensive understanding of what could potentially cause a car accident. While we expect many drivers to take the precautions and courtesies we do to practice safe driving, this isn’t always the case.
There are different car accidents that often share the same results: painful injuries and a mountain of expenses. Some of the most common car accident types include:
- Rear-end collisions: This type of collision involves one car being hit from behind by another vehicle. Some of the most common injuries from this type of accident are whiplash and neck pain.
- T-bone collisions: T-bone collisions occur when one vehicle impacts the other vehicle on the side. These types of collisions are particularly dangerous for occupants of the side that is impacted. Serious injuries are likely.
- Head-on collisions: Regarded as one of the most dangerous collision types to be involved in, head-on collisions occur when two vehicles moving in opposite directions collide in the front. These collisions often result in severe injuries, especially if one vehicle is speeding.
- Sideswipe collisions: Sideswipe collisions are when one vehicle impacts another car on the side when the vehicles are moving in opposite directions. Though injuries may not always be serious in this kind of collision, the event can cause the driver of the impacted vehicle to swerve and impact other drivers. This results in more injuries and damages.
- Multiple vehicle collisions: This form of collision involves 3 or more cars. Multiple vehicle collisions are often caused by one driver. For example, they may be distracted or driving under the influence. There can be multiple serious injuries and greater amounts of vehicle damage due to several vehicles being involved.
Car accidents can occur very suddenly. There are a number of reasons why a car accident may occur. Usually, it is because one driver is acting in a reckless or negligent way. A driver who causes a car accident may be:
- Driving aggressively i.e. tailgating or intentionally swerving
- Driving distractedly i.e. being on the phone or looking away from the road
- Failing to yield, signal, or practice other safe driving maneuvers
- Driving impaired under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Whatever the case may be, a negligent driver fails their duty of care. Other vulnerable drivers end up paying the price. However, talking with a car accident lawyer in Temecula can help you get started on a personal injury claim. This can help cover expenses from the accident.
If you have been involved in a car accident caused by another negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation. It is understandable any driver involved in a car accident may be dealing with numerous expenses.
Compensation from a personal injury claim can cover the costs associated with the accident, including:
- Medical treatment
- Future medical expenses (surgery, medications, etc.)
- In-home care if necessary
- Physical therapy
- Car repairs
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
You don’t have to pay for a car accident that wasn’t your fault. Hold the liable driver accountable.
Whether you are dealing with insurance companies or looking to file a lawsuit against the driver, a car accident lawyer can offer the best legal guidance.
Emotions run high after car accidents. However, there are a few things you must do after a car accident to ensure your safety and the validity of your claim. These things include:
Alerting the Police
After the car accident, always make sure to alert the police. If the other driver(s) involved don’t want to alert them, you must go ahead and do so. Contacting the police ensures a proper police report documenting the accident is created.
Document All Details
Take pictures and videos of everything, including the road where the accident occurred, the vehicles, and your injuries. Be sure to get the contact information of any witnesses as well. Some drivers have dash cams in their vehicles, too, so you may be able to obtain a video of the accident from another perspective.
Exchange Information with the Driver
Of course, you want to make sure to exchange all appropriate information with the driver. This usually includes exchanging contact information, insurance, and taking a picture of each other’s license.
Get Medical Treatment
It can’t be stressed enough how people involved in car accidents need to seek medical treatment. You want to make sure all injuries are recorded and treated by a medical provider as soon as possible.
Talk With a Temecula Car Accident Lawyer
After completing the necessary steps, the next thing you’ll want to do is talk to a Temecula car accident lawyer. They can help review your case and advise you on further legal options. Depending on the severity of your injuries, liability, type of accident, and so on, the car accident lawyer will give you the most appropriate advice.
Just as there are some things you must do after a car accident, there are some things you shouldn’t think of doing. These things can be detrimental to your health and personal injury claim if you pursue one. After a car accident, never:
- Admit fault at the scene of the accident
- Talk about the car accident and other driver involved on social media
- Delay medical treatment
- Delay filing a personal injury claim
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim regarding a car accident is 2 years. This means if you have not filed your claim by the deadline, then you lose the opportunity for compensation.
Navigating a personal injury claim after a car accident can be an intimidating process. However, a car accident lawyer can help.
When working with a car accident lawyer, you can be at ease knowing you have a legal expert in your corner who will help with tasks, such as:
- Gathering evidence
- Talking to medical professionals about your injury
- Talking to insurance companies on your behalf
- Interviewing witnesses
- Fighting for the highest settlement amount for your case
These are just a few of the ways in which a Temecula car accident lawyer can help. Don’t go through the legal process alone, consult with a car accident lawyer!
If you were involved in a car accident in Temecula or the nearby area, don’t delay starting your personal injury claim. At HHJ Trial Attorneys, we have the expertise and dedication to represent every case that comes our way. We know that innocent drivers should not have to pay for their injuries after a car accident caused by another liable individual.
Contact us now to get started on your claim!